The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

The Real World Discuss real world issues from love to life to politics.

Old 02-06-2018, 07:35 PM   #1
DanDesade
déjà vu all over again

Nation: Atlantia
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Default A military parade for the USA

I mean no disrespect when I say this is ridiculous

The supreme military of this world doesn't need to put on a show for trump

Quote:
US President Donald Trump has ordered Pentagon and White House officials to begin planning a military parade in Washington similar to the Bastille Day parade he witnessed in Paris in July, the Washington Post reported on Tuesday.

"The marching orders were: I want a parade like the one in France," the military official said, according to the Post. "This is being worked at the highest levels of the military," the official added.

A White House official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the parade planning was in the "brainstorming" stage and nothing had been decided.
Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossGeneral Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonHero of the LegionDefense Medal of ValorAdmiralty Award for Peacetime ServiceDonator AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardRecruitment Service AwardGraphical ExcellenceInternal Affairs Outstanding Service CitationInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement AwardSpammiest Legionnaire
DanDesade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 01:19 AM   #2
Lord Windmark
Taoiseach of Clan Dalcassian

Nation: Regnum Saoirse

Discord name: Lord_Windmark

Default Re: A military parade for the USA

Millions more of dollars spent on stupid things. The US military spends too much of the US budget as it is, nevermind adding in more idiotic Fedual traditions. Just because Putin has a big line of soldiers saluting him doesnt mean Big Donald needs it to for gods sake. However I do expect something like this from Trump, i´ll give you 5 to 1 that if the next President is a Democrat it will be scrapped immediatley.

Nations Recruited for The Legion: XXIV

Served as Vice Consul of Defense and Foreign Affairs from 5th June 2018 - 9th September 2018
Served as Consul of Defense and Foreign Affairs from: 9th September 2018 - 25th of July 2020
Served a 2nd term as Vice Consul of Defense and Foreign Affairs from: 25th July 2020 to May 2021
Served 2nd term as Consul of Defense and Foreign Affairs from: March 1st 2022 - Present

Umbrella WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarBi-cycle War MedalBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardGeneral Government Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonSilver Admiralty RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs General Service CitationInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
Lord Windmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 11:58 AM   #3
Pyroponce
Will argue for sammiches

Nation: Apostolica

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Honoring our troops and veterans should be a high priority. If they put on a parade where no politicians got to speak, that would be ideal.

Never give up, never surrender.

No matter how badly you want to, don't be like me. Do not underfund your war chest.

Have you read CN101 lately?

Maroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardBronze Admiralty RibbonRecruitment Service AwardMost Improved Legionnaire
Pyroponce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 04:53 AM   #4
Bluebottlejr
Mad God

Nation: Algeron

Having some sort of memorial service with some troops marching about in memory of those who had fallen for their country would be fine, just not a whole parade like the ones in highly militarised and aggressive countries. Just leave the politicians out of it.
Bluebottlejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 12:41 PM   #5
Tomonkey4

Nation: Topian Collective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroponce View Post
Honoring our troops and veterans
Don't we have enough parades/holidays for that purpose already? Veterans day, Memorial day, Patriots day... If people really care, how about we spend money on actually helping the people with college/job training, VA hospitals, and housing assistance. There's way too many homeless vets for a country that glorifies their military this much. It honestly baffles me.
Nuclear Survivor
Tomonkey4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 05:28 PM   #6
killer04
Dinky Doo

Nation: Iwait

Discord name: killer04

The latest rumors suggest it will coincide with like the 4th of July, and that no tracked vehicles will be allowed. It seems like the Pentagon is trying to comply with this order, while inserting common sense into it

Quote:
[20:55] <~Wenulu> i will have to invest in a new stalker
[20:55] <&killer04|Legion|HMFIC> manoka does a good job
[20:55] <~Wenulu> omg
[20:56] <~Wenulu> no thanks ill keep you
Quote:
[20:14] <TzarRob[Imperator]> fuck it, if i have to declare war because of this i will
[20:14] <TzarRob[Imperator]> let em have it
Karma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarSnake Eyes WarYin-Yang WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonInternal Affairs General Service Citation
killer04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:40 PM   #7
RyuNura
Lord of Jenock

Nation: Jenock

I hate the idea of this parade and I’m in the US military. It seems pointless to me as it’s a display of power, not a parade to honor the military. That’s just my opinion on it.
Ich Dien Gold Award
RyuNura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:04 AM   #8
Deadpocketss

Nation: Lance

Discord name: Deadpocketss#1337

This is wild. More unnecessary spending, as others have said, the military already takes up too much of the budget. I can't imagine being one of the suckers that gets picked to take part in this charade. There's so many other things that this attention could be given to, like fixing the VA or reducing the Veteran homelessness/suicide rate. Just Trump being the child that he is, IMO. "They have a big parade, I want a bigger parade and I want it now."

ODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarUmbrella WarBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Gold AwardBronze Admiralty RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service Ribbon
Deadpocketss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 05:05 AM   #9
The Man from Mars

Nation: The Republic of Mars

Hi There!!

I take it that nobody has heard about the Air and Water show that is held every year in Chicago for as long as I can remember.

How about the Yearly 4th of July Celebration which is Everywhere.

How about The American Civil War re-enactments that take place yearly.

Shall we save money by cancelling these events?

The Man from Mars
Tetris WarODN WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarUmbrella WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardDefense Medal of ValorDistinguished Donator AwardSpammiest Legionnaire
The Man from Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 08:40 AM   #10
Deadpocketss

Nation: Lance

Discord name: Deadpocketss#1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man from Mars View Post
Hi There!!

I take it that nobody has heard about the Air and Water show that is held every year in Chicago for as long as I can remember.

How about the Yearly 4th of July Celebration which is Everywhere.

How about The American Civil War re-enactments that take place yearly.

Shall we save money by cancelling these events?

The Man from Mars
None of these are federally funded, nor on the scale of a full blown military parade.

The Air and Water Show is mostly civilian pilots sponsored by companies like Red Bull.

Independence day celebrations are to celebrate just that, they're not a show of our military prowess.

Civil War reenactments are put on by hobbyists to honor the people that fought and to educate the public about the war..

ODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarUmbrella WarBiPolar 2 War MedalPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Gold AwardBronze Admiralty RibbonGold Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service Ribbon
Deadpocketss is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

Tags
military, parade, usa