The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

The Real World Discuss real world issues from love to life to politics.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:00 AM   #11
Villalba
Ill nail those traitors to the senate floor

Nation: Nueva Esparta
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Default Re: Torch of the Beijing XXIX Olympiad

We should focus on the olympics. Remember what they stand for. A reason to prove your nation superiority without bombing the other guy.

And as for the Middle East. Let me tell you. Iraq and Al-Quaeda were mortal enemies. So by invading Iraq. We helped Al-Quaeda message that the US is evil, and should be destroyed, to all corners of the Islamic world.
Coalition WarIch Dien Silver Award
Villalba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 03:36 PM   #12
The Corporal
Agent 47, Silent Assassin

Nation: New Milwaukee

Alliance:
Molon Labe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
Its nice to think that the real world can be easily defined into clean cut theories with categories where every nation fits. But you cannot apply the mold to every country. Nations can skip phases of any kind of theory because they are dynamic entities, not held to the constraints. And while your class seems interesting, it is hard to apply that example of qualitative psychology to international relations and expect it to be clean cut.
Very true, it was more of an interesting thought experiment than anything else. Too late now, anyways.
The Corporal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:35 PM   #13
Sandrock149

Nation: Republic of SaNdRoCk

i relli like the video and i just want to point even though i'm Chinese i think what china doing is not out of question i see all these people saying free tibet because their culture is diffrent and etc and China is imposing curfew and doing some immoral things there but i mean if a part of our country tries to break away like say hawaii or puerto rico tries to break away i'll be wtf as well and send my military to try to restore order. Sorry i was reading a san francisco article having thousands of people on the streets telling the runners to free tibet got me aggravated. but yeah great video ^_^
Great War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarSecond Unjust WarLoyaltyIch Dien Gold AwardSilver Admiralty RibbonForeign Ministry Service RibbonRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
Sandrock149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 04:18 PM   #14
Villalba
Ill nail those traitors to the senate floor

Nation: Nueva Esparta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrock149 View Post
i relli like the video and i just want to point even though i'm Chinese i think what china doing is not out of question i see all these people saying free tibet because their culture is diffrent and etc and China is imposing curfew and doing some immoral things there but i mean if a part of our country tries to break away like say hawaii or puerto rico tries to break away i'll be wtf as well and send my military to try to restore order. Sorry i was reading a san francisco article having thousands of people on the streets telling the runners to free tibet got me aggravated. but yeah great video ^_^
^ to that.
Coalition WarIch Dien Silver Award
Villalba is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

Tags
beijing, beijing 2008, olympiad, olympics, torch, xxix