The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

The Real World Discuss real world issues from love to life to politics.

Old 03-15-2008, 01:30 PM   #11
Franklin
Local American Colonial

Nation: Franklin
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Alliance:
East India Company

Default Re: Obama's Pastor

There's one statement that I have for people like this;

You don't like America, than get the hell out. It's people like this wack-job that will put our country in anarchy. We are one of the best countries in the world and if you don't like having 3 meals a day, the ability to choose your religion, the right to vote in true republic elections, than leave, we don't need those kind of people.

Ruler4 of Franklin
Founder of the East India Company
Seven Time ODN Senator, Previous Ombudsman, Three Year ODN Member
Franklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:04 PM   #12
The Corporal
Agent 47, Silent Assassin

Nation: New Milwaukee

Alliance:
Molon Labe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
There's one statement that I have for people like this;

You don't like America, than get the hell out. It's people like this wack-job that will put our country in anarchy. We are one of the best countries in the world and if you don't like having 3 meals a day, the ability to choose your religion, the right to vote in true republic elections, than leave, we don't need those kind of people.
Amen, brother.
The Corporal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 09:22 PM   #13
Villalba
Ill nail those traitors to the senate floor

Nation: Nueva Esparta

America is a democracy, so we believe in freedom of speech. Now of course there are limits. A white male cannot go to a crowd of African Americans, and begin to insult that certain race. Then that person will have a Peter Griffin moment, and this man, as much twisted as his words are, as long as he doesn't spring up violence, and says things like killing George Bush [thank goodness that did not happened] then there is nothing that can be done about him, except ignore him. Now i do wish that he can be taught a lesson, Maybe he should go to a third world nation, where people live in high poverty, and hopefully he will be more thankfull for that. And as for Obama, i cannot say much about him, except he is perhaps the most interesting of the three front runner candidates [Not including Clinton]
Coalition WarIch Dien Silver Award
Villalba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:45 AM   #14
bigdaddychacha
Legion's Resident War Criminal

Nation: New Prospect Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by delgursh View Post
I think thats being blown out of proportion by the media...especially the Obama hates America jive.
This.

America does have a prison problem, although I don't strictly believe that the government "gave" anybody drugs.

America is the country where the KKK originated and resides in the USA, comfortably. Sure, it's an inflammatory way to put it, but it's not without a hint of truth.

Hillary has never been called the N word as far as I know, but she has been called plenty of terrible things.

Quote:
We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon and we never batted an eye. We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant?!
Is any of this untrue? Sure, we did a lot of national soul searching after nuking the Japanese, but we ultimately acquitted ourselves. South Africa was a horrific system, although America ultimately played some role in ending the Apartheid system, but the plight of Palestinians, particularly the Gazans, is inexcusable. Somebody attacked us, and it was terrible, but we dish out plenty, too. Our combined military and civilian losses in the past two wars and on 9/11 have been dwarfed by the civilian figures in both Afghanistan and Iraq, undebatably. Maybe it was a little crass for him to point out that it can happen to us, too right after 9/11, but Bill Maher said something similarly upsetting and lost his job at ABC...was that right?

I'm not religious and don't feel the need to defend any crazy thing that a person says when they're a religious leader; but I don't think a bunch of white pundits can hold an aging African-American pastor to have the same exact attitude towards America that they feel is politically correct.

I'm white, but I don't feel like this guy is racist towards whites; I think he is extremely upset by racism in America and he expresses it in stronger terms in front of a largely black congregation than a bunch of uptight white pundits are comfortable with. Like you've never changed your tone on a controversial topic when you noticed a person of color step into the circle..!
Tetris WarNuclear Survivor
bigdaddychacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:53 AM   #15
Melidan
The love child of Ayn Rand and Barry Goldwater

Nation: Melidan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddychacha View Post
I'm white, but I don't feel like this guy is racist towards whites

I.. Uh... I... nevermind.
Great War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonSilver Admiralty RibbonDonator AwardForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
Melidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:59 AM   #16
bigdaddychacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melidan View Post
I.. Uh... I... nevermind.
:icon_mrgreen: Wow, I haven't rendered anyone speechless in quite some time!

also, sorry if my views are controversial...discussing politics may be as close as I get to spamming, tho..
Old 04-08-2008, 09:15 AM   #17
bigdaddychacha

Uhh, what happened to my last post?

Last edited by bigdaddychacha; 04-08-2008 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Oh, there is it!
Old 04-08-2008, 06:05 PM   #18
The Corporal
Agent 47, Silent Assassin

Nation: New Milwaukee

Alliance:
Molon Labe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddychacha View Post
This.

America does have a prison problem, although I don't strictly believe that the government "gave" anybody drugs.

America is the country where the KKK originated and resides in the USA, comfortably. Sure, it's an inflammatory way to put it, but it's not without a hint of truth.

Hillary has never been called the N word as far as I know, but she has been called plenty of terrible things.

Is any of this untrue? Sure, we did a lot of national soul searching after nuking the Japanese, but we ultimately acquitted ourselves. South Africa was a horrific system, although America ultimately played some role in ending the Apartheid system, but the plight of Palestinians, particularly the Gazans, is inexcusable. Somebody attacked us, and it was terrible, but we dish out plenty, too. Our combined military and civilian losses in the past two wars and on 9/11 have been dwarfed by the civilian figures in both Afghanistan and Iraq, undebatably. Maybe it was a little crass for him to point out that it can happen to us, too right after 9/11, but Bill Maher said something similarly upsetting and lost his job at ABC...was that right?

I'm not religious and don't feel the need to defend any crazy thing that a person says when they're a religious leader; but I don't think a bunch of white pundits can hold an aging African-American pastor to have the same exact attitude towards America that they feel is politically correct.

I'm white, but I don't feel like this guy is racist towards whites; I think he is extremely upset by racism in America and he expresses it in stronger terms in front of a largely black congregation than a bunch of uptight white pundits are comfortable with. Like you've never changed your tone on a controversial topic when you noticed a person of color step into the circle..!
I have a solution for the prison problem. It's twofold: more executions for violent crimes, more labor camps (the example set in Maricopa County could be learned just about everywhere else in the nation).

I'm also for hunting down every neo-Nazi and KKK member in the country and having them publicly hanged. Problem #2 solved.

Don't know about Hillary. I'm too psyched for my response to the next bit, though.

We did bomb Hiroshima and Nagasaki, resulting in the deaths of many, many more people than in the 9/11 attacks. But we were at war with Japan, war started by Japan (and finished by us). It was a preferable alternative to the bloodbath that a land invasion of Japan would have been (250k-500k casualties, or 10-20 million? your pick). However, the attacks in New York and Washington were perpetrated by religious zealots working in the shadows. They want us dead simply because we exist, not because we murdered thousands of their soldiers in a surprise attack. Furthermore, I would not call supporting a sovereign country (Israel) against the almost-daily terrorist attacks they face "supporting state-sponsored terrorism." That would be like calling Canada's support of us in Afghanistan "supporting state-sponsored terrorism" because we're fighting rebels in a far-away country. I also cannot speak for South Africa, but you didn't see us attack South Africa when Mandela was elected president, now did you?

And no matter how upset you are about racism in this country (I'm white and racism and discrimination piss me off, see my public hanging comment above), you don't have to be racist in turn. Claiming that every white person in the country is intentionally furthering race and class distinctions in America is utterly disgusting. Instead of filling your congregation with hate, inspire them to peacefully and rationally rise above any racist connotations that even the lowliest scum in this country can come up with.
The Corporal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:12 PM   #19
helidas

Nation: helidas

Heck! Id rather vote for the pastor than obama. At least the pastor has a position and experiance!
Coalition WarNuclear Survivor
helidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:00 PM   #20
Imperial
Who this?

Nation: The Imperial Empire

Discord name: Imperial

Mr. Wright is playing the race card in religion. Had Mr. Wright studied the roots of the religion & the man whose name in which he preaches, he would know that Jesus loved his enemies. He didn't preach violence or damning the Romans. Its sad how people can twist religion to whatever purpose they want. John McCain's spiritual adviser believes that Hurricane Katrina was a result of New Orleans planning a gay parade and that the 2nd Coming of Christ will result when we go to war with Iran. Lunatics, all of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Marx
Religion is the opiate of the people
And how true it still is.

Great War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonDonator AwardForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceGraphical ExcellenceInternal Affairs General Service Citation
Imperial is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

Tags
obama, pastor