The Legion  

Go Back   The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

The Real World Discuss real world issues from love to life to politics.

Old 01-13-2011, 02:59 PM   #21
Regent Pancras
Gin Monstrosity

Nation: Unification
Current Wars | Foreign Aid

Discord name: RegentPancras

Default Re: Islam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abas64 View Post
What do you think about Islam in the west?
I live in the UK and the biggest threat to the security of our nation today comes from 'Home Grown' radicalised Islamic fundamentalists.

I respect the right of anyone to practice their religious beliefs, but when they are not content with practising their religion without imposing their views onto the non-muslim majority, then they can fuck off.

This is the shower of shite which I refer to:

Quote:

Five Muslim men who protested at a home-coming parade in Luton where soldiers were called murderers have been convicted of being abusive.

The charges related to a march by The Royal Anglian Regiment through the town in March 2009.

The five men, all from Luton, were convicted of using threatening, abusive or insulting words and behaviour likely to cause harassment and distress.

Two men were cleared of all charges at Luton Magistrates' Court.

Jalal Ahmed, 21, Yousaf Bashir, 29, Ziaur Rahman, 32, Shajjadar Choudhury, 31, Munim Abdul, 28, were found guilty.

(Top, lef to right) Jalal Ahmed, Ziaur Rahman and Yousaf Bashir (bottom, left to right) Shajjadar Choudhary and Munim Abdul

Ibrahim Anderson, 32, and Jubair Ahmed, 19, who are also from Luton, were found not guilty. All had denied the charges.

The five convicted men were given two-year conditional discharges and were ordered to pay costs of £500 each.

District Judge Carolyn Mellanby said: "I have no doubt it is abusive and insulting to tell soldiers to 'Go to hell' - to call soldiers murderers, rapists and baby killers.

"It is not just insulting to the soldiers but to the citizens of Luton who were out on the streets that day to honour and welcome soldiers home.

"Citizens of Luton are entitled to demonstrate their support for the troops without experiencing insults and abuse."

Distress to others

She went on: "The fact that they say they did not intend their remarks to be insulting does not amount to defence in law.

"They were fully aware that shocking phrases in such circumstances would inevitably cause distress."

Supt Mark Turner, of Bedfordshire Police, said: "We acknowledge that while the events of 10 March attracted high-profile media coverage and generated a lot of public anger, we must point out that our investigation was proportionate and fair to ensure the legal process was followed and maintained.

"It is also important to remind everyone that this incident involved a very small number of individuals who are not representative of and do not have the support of the Muslim community who live in the town."

If you believe in freedom of speech you have to accept that some things will be said that you will not like
Sonal Dashani, defence lawyer

Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) lawyer Paul Harrison said: "It is always a difficult job to balance the rights of those wishing to express their views on political issues against the need to protect the public from distress and alarm.

"We welcome District Judge Mellany's finding that their conduct was threatening and did in fact cause alarm and distress to others present at the parade."

Defence lawyers had argued the right to freedom of speech was at stake and Jubair Ahmed's lawyer Sonal Dashani had referred to the French philosopher Voltaire.

He said: "Voltaire said 'I disagree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it'.

"That was in the 18th Century. Things have moved on since then, though perhaps not as quickly as one might have liked.

"If you believe in freedom of speech you have to accept that some things will be said that you will like and some things will be said that you will not like."

Angry scenes broke out during the parade for the 2nd Battalion The Royal Anglian Regiment, known as The Poachers.

Lawyers defending the men said their clients discussed their plans to protest with police beforehand, had agreed to a time and a place to do so with them, had complied with police throughout and officers had not objected at the time to their slogans.

Source: BBC
People who want to turn the UK into a Shariah state, can bollocks in my opinion.

As for those who set up suicide bombings on 7/7, killing more than 50 people going about their business, scum.
In Peace: Goodwill.

GMT+1

WHERE IS MY FUCKING MEDAL?

Second Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarUmbrella WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Loyalty AwardIch Dien Lifetime AwardMelidan's Distinguished Service CrossOutstanding Government Service RibbonInspector General's Service RibbonImperator's Award for Outstanding Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonLifetime Admiralty AchievementAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonAdmiralty Exemplary Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorAdmiralty Award for Peacetime ServiceDonator AwardForeign Ministry Service RibbonForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonInternal Affairs Outstanding Service Citation
Regent Pancras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:45 PM   #22
bitermer

Nation: Bitermeria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post

Yes. It's an escape for people that cannot or do not wish to face the actuality of reality. Fantasies are always more comforting than facing reality, for whatever it is; this adage seems to be a common denominator when it comes to irrational beliefs.
The same can be said about any religion, just saying
tho i agree the radical islamist stuff in western countries is not acceptable,
I mean nobody's forcing them to live there, if they're gonna immigrate, atleast obey the law and accept the culture

Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardGold Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardDistinguished Donator AwardForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceFunniest LegionnaireSpam-A-Thon Winner

Last edited by bitermer; 01-13-2011 at 04:03 PM.
bitermer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:22 PM   #23
Legionnaire

Nation: Legionia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitermer View Post
The same can be said about any religion, just saying
That's exactly what I was saying.
The Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarTetris WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonDistinguished Donator AwardEconomics General Service AwardForeign Ministry Nation Exchange RibbonSpammiest LegionnaireFunniest Legionnaire
Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:56 PM   #24
Arcadian Empire
The Legion's Resident Pikachu

Nation: Arcadian Empire

Discord name: Arcadian

Quote:
What do you think about Islam in the west?
Not much at all. I knew a Muslim guy who went to my school - an Anglican one - and he was completely fine, heck - I was friends with the guy. I don't like it when radical "fundamentalist" Muslims go around trying to change the world by killing all non-believers and trying to change the way the country is run by blowing up stuff.

Those who can integrate seamlessly into society I find normal - just other every-day stock standard Australians. It's when you get the radical violent people that ruin everything.

Quote:
What do you think about Islam in general?
One of my teachers - my ex Christian Living teacher, believe it or not - converted to Islam. It's a religion that is peaceful, but as I said - when you get the stupid violent radicals - it ruins everything.

Quote:
What are your views on Muslims in general?
I don't hold any particular view. Like, there are Muslims out there who are friendly people - there are others who are stupid radicals that ruin everything.

The Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorLoyaltyIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonConsulate's Legionnaire of the Term RibbonSilver Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardEconomics General Service AwardEconomics Distinguished Service AwardRecruitment Service AwardInternal Affairs Lifetime Achievement AwardSpammiest LegionnaireFunniest LegionnaireMost Active Legionnaire
Arcadian Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:14 PM   #25
Makaveli
Burnin & Lootin

Nation: Lazy Republic

Discord name: Makaveli|Legion

Whenever religion comes up on the internet shit happens just saying.
Doomhouse WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Silver AwardGraphical ExcellenceInternal Affairs General Service Citation
Makaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:25 PM   #26
Master Holton
Polar now

Nation: The Tamrielic Empire

Discord name: Holton

Alliance:
New Polar Order

All radical religion is bad.

I don't want to cue the hate mail but all organized religion is bad. It spawns sheeple. The kind of sheeple that love to kill other sheeple because they're different.

I believe religion should be a personal thing, practiced in privacy and without judgement or critisism.

I personally prefer a scientific approach to religion myself... but that's off-topic.

Islamic people are fine by me as long as the keep to themselves. All people are fine as long as they keep to themselves. But that isnt human nature.
Doomhouse WarSpammiest Legionnaire
Master Holton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:14 AM   #27
Abas64
The hardest thing to open is a closed mind

Nation: United

Discord name: Abas64

Wonderful response everyone

First of all i am not 'cherry picking' anything. This is what my religion teaches.

Terrorists where mentioned a lot so let me talk about that.

'Muslim extremists' as the media so often puts it with a nice picture of one of them holding up a sign saying we want to kill people .......

Never existed before the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan! Add that to the occupation of Palestinian land and radical Jews killing/abusing Muslims there.

This is all political and has very little to do with religion. They use religion as a means of supporting there cause. Islam very clearly prohibits the killing of innocent civilians and committing suicide. Anyone that does that is NOT a practising Muslim and you should consider them as terrorists without associating the Muslim community with these few that do not conform to the teaching of there religion.

Islam does NOT inhibit critical thinking and scientific reason!

There are many things that Muslims knew for 1400 years that we just found out due to major advancement in science and technology.

Why? Because it was already in the Quran!

If you want me to tell you what then just ask
Abas64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:31 AM   #28
Hubb
Lyrical Gangster

Nation: WV United Republic

Discord name: Hubb[Legion]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonel Badano View Post

In the other hand, I despise jews in general, even if I didn't even met one (just saw them walk on the street with their suits and long beards one or twice in my life, as much times as arabs with their towels on their heads).
That's nice, considering we have several Jews who frequent this board. Also, nice way to stereotype Arabs, too, dick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanik Hardil View Post
It is so damned hard to hate and love you at the same time..
My Legion Application: http://z15.invisionfree.com/Cyber_Na...post&p=5772068

COLISEUM LEGIO CHAMPION

Nukes Eaten: SHIT TON
Nukes Given: YOUR MOM
Great War IIIThe Dove War / Valhalla WarUnjust WarCoalition WarKarma WarSecond Unjust WarDoomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardOutstanding Government Service RibbonHero of the LegionGold Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceMost Serious Legionnaire
Hubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:36 AM   #29
bitermer

Nation: Bitermeria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abas64 View Post
Wonderful response everyone

Terrorists where mentioned a lot so let me talk about that.

'Muslim extremists' as the media so often puts it with a nice picture of one of them holding up a sign saying we want to kill people .......

Never existed before the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan! Add that to the occupation of Palestinian land and radical Jews killing/abusing Muslims there.
Yeah so im pretty sure the reason NATO is in afghanistan is because of muslim extremists + Taliban, who were responsible for killing quite a few people during 9/11

Al qaeda and the taliban have been around a lot longer than the invasion of Iraw and Afghanistan, but I do agree with you that the media is portraying muslims in general negatively

Doomhouse WarTetris WarODN WarEquilibrium WarOrder on Order WarDoom WarMaroon WarNSO WarPurple HeartNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Lifetime AwardGold Admiralty RibbonAdmiralty Wartime Service RibbonDefense Medal of ValorDonator AwardDistinguished Donator AwardForeign Ministry Distinguished Service RibbonForeign Ministry Ribbon of ExcellenceFunniest LegionnaireSpam-A-Thon Winner
bitermer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:46 AM   #30
Makaveli
Burnin & Lootin

Nation: Lazy Republic

Discord name: Makaveli|Legion

Ya extremists in all religion's have been around forever they are not a new thing, and the extremists in Afghanistan got most of there weapons from the US during The Soviet Invasion in the 80's to help stop the threat of Communism weapons were given to insurgents to fight the Soviets, and it worked the only thing is they wouldn't give them back after the Soviets left.
Doomhouse WarNuclear SurvivorIch Dien Silver AwardGraphical ExcellenceInternal Affairs General Service Citation
Makaveli is offline   Reply With Quote

The Legion > Public Legion Forums > The Real World

Tags
islam